PRIVACY & DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Practice Website Privacy Information:
The Practice website is provided by Neighbourhood Direct Ltd (a member of Oldroyd Publishing Group Limited) in partnership with Myria Limited and uses the GP Fusion GP Website system.
The Practice Website is https-secured, which means communication between the user's web browser and the server hosting the website are encrypted and cannot be intercepted en-route. It also means a padlock icon is visible in the browser address bar.
The Web Server hosting our Practice Website automatically collects Audit logs of Website usage. These logs include the IP addresses of Website users. Web Server Logs are used to monitor, measure, analyse, improve and troubleshoot services only. They are not published or passed to any third parties, and are used solely to maintain service quality. Audit logs are kept for 6 months and are automatically deleted.
Our Practice Website includes activity tracking via Google Analytics. Google anonymises the user activity data and does not store IP addresses.
Our website 'Usage of Cookies' page contains information about the cookies used on our website, including those placed by Google to provide accurate analytics. This page also provides details of how to block cookies if required.
Links To Other Websites Which Request Personal Details:
The Practice Website directs patients out to Patient Access a third-party secure website service for appointments, request repeat prescriptions and viewing some parts of their medical records.
Why we hold information about you?
1. To be able to provide you with high quality health care. This information provides a basis for the health decisions we make about you.
2. To provide you with Health protection advice and information, for example this may include messages about the Flu vaccination programme or an overdue health check.
We access and process the data under the lawful basis of ‘legitimate interest’- of providing health care and public health.
What information will we hold?
1. Basic details including name, DOB, address and if provided details of next of kin, or family to contact with your consent.
2. Clinical consultations, these will include, telephone consultations and face to face.
3. Correspondences about your health/clinic appointments from the hospital and other health care professionals.
4. Details of investigations and results.
5. Family history if relevant.
6. Other data from outside agencies.
1. All information we keep about you is kept safe.
2. Information is shared only with those who are involved with your health care or if we have gained your consent to share elsewhere.
3. Information cannot be shared with your family members unless explicit consent has been given. There are a few exceptions to this for example if the patient does not have capacity or in cases where consent cannot be gained.
1. We will share information with people providing you care. Anyone accessing and using your data must be kept confidential. Any information shared without permission will adhere to the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
1. You have a right to confidentiality.
2. Right to access your records; this needs to be in writing and will require photo identification.
3. The right to rectification.
4. The right to erasure. However if this erasure is seen as harmful to the process of providing health care or fraudulent in erasing information important to insurance companies etc. It can be refused.
5. The right to restrict processing.
6. The right to object.
7. Right to date portability.
We may contact you by telephone, text message or email to inform you or request information to provide you with Health Prevention Advice and other services.
If you would like to give consent, ring 01282 612621 or email email@example.com.
IF YOU WANT TO BE CONTACTED
YOU MUST GIVE CONSENT!